REINFORCED CONCRETE TOOL
HOUDINI DIGITAL ASSET | 2018
To simplify the process of simulating reinforced concrete, I decided to create this houdini digital asset which grows fibers from the fractured surfaces post-sim. The idea for this tool is based on the R&D shown by StealthWorks LLC.
The general method behind this tool is:
- delete the outside faces
- for each face, find its adjacent face and store as a primitive attribute
- scatter points onto the mesh (these will be the spawn points)
- make a copy of each point and stick it on to the adjacent face at the same position, using primuv (these will be the target points)
- the direction of each fiber is the vector between the two point positions
- fibers are copied on to the spawn points and they grow by the distance between the spawn and the target points.
This is the method that I used, and then expanded on to add extra controls and features.